Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Changes - Updates and More - 10/7/08

+8
Colvonfeg
Brad
Kirimy
Exxo
Haine
Don2
Scott
Twame
12 posters

Go down

Changes - Updates and More - 10/7/08 Empty Changes - Updates and More - 10/7/08

Post by Twame Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:22 pm

Welcome to the new forum! Here are some of the many changes that will make this forum even better then before.

New Admins

Well, I won't always be able to be on, so I decided to appoint two new admins. I'm happy to welcome xSwiftxClawx and Secht as co-admins of the forums! I've known them for a long time, and trust them to be very good admins. They say two heads are better then one, so with three heads just imagine what we can do.

New Mods

As some of our previous mods will no longer be modding, we'll have some open spots in our moderating staff. Just like previous times, all discussion will be between staff, and please do not ask to be a mod. That will lower your chances of becoming one.

Site/Forum Discussion

There is now a Site/Forum Discussion section, which is more important then it sounds. I'll be posting polls there to get opinions on future updates, which lets you guys get a say on whats going on, and helps me decide what to do. For instance, we'll be voting on what skin to use for our forum, something I think is important for you guys to decide. Also, you can discuss things regarding the site here, and also make site suggestions if you have ideas to improve the site or forum.

Chatbox

We have enabled the forum chat box, which is a cool app that lets you talk to other people online. If we see this being spammed or misused, we will remove it. The forum rules are a little looser on the chatbox, but they still do apply. (For instance, double posting is allowed, spamming is not.) We can also appoint moderators for the chatbox, another spot that can be taken.

Map Maker Apps/Submitted Maps

I've slightly tweaked the rules for these two sections, and so our systems are a little different now for Submitting Maps and applying to becoming a Map Maker. For more info on these, please visit their respective threads.

Banner Contest

It's time for another banner contest! Since we have a new forum, with new requirements, we'll need a new banner. This will start tomarrow, the 8th of October, and continue till the 14th of October. Hopefully we will get alot of new banners and keep our forum fresh. Remember you don't need to put characters of mods/members in the banner. More info about this tomarrow, hold any questions till then.

New Site

Along with the new forum, we are also in the process of revamping our site. You'll be able to check the progress and download any current maps as we work. The new site is http://bsbackgrounds.tk . We tried to keep it short and simple so it will be easier to remember, and the weird twabpower name is officially gone. The site will be much more organized and easy to use, just bear with us as we start to get it going.

So these are a few of the many updates coming your way. If you have any ideas for the site, please post them in the Site/Forum Discussion section. Enjoy the new site and forums!

Wink
Twame
Twame
Admin

Male Number of posts : 541
Registration date : 2008-10-04

Back to top Go down

Changes - Updates and More - 10/7/08 Empty Re: Changes - Updates and More - 10/7/08

Post by Scott Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:20 pm

I welcome everyone to the new forums!~ lets hope twames acc doesnt get hacked again :D. Hope everyone has a great time in the new and improved forums!~ :P
Scott
Scott
Misc. Mod

Male Number of posts : 1146
Registration date : 2008-10-07

Back to top Go down

Changes - Updates and More - 10/7/08 Empty Re: Changes - Updates and More - 10/7/08

Post by Don2 Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:26 pm

Soo... Im guessing that this new forum is still under construction? :bounce:

Edit: NVM i was logged out and didnt see everything.
Don2
Don2

Male Number of posts : 650

Back to top Go down

Post by Haine Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:42 am

Thanks for all your hard work! :D
Haine
Haine

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Exxo Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:58 am

Nice, finally the new forum is done.
Good job.
Exxo
Exxo
Multimedia Mod

Male Number of posts : 1528

http://artexxo.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kirimy Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:53 am

I was finding the rules which put at the bar up there in the old forum but cannot find...~
Same as I found kind hard to follow the forum when the Last Post Info part at the Board Index only show the time instead of how long ago like the old forum...~
Same as all the things looks too big compare to the old forum... I need time to used to this.. >.>
No more member no. + no more warn % T_T...

Btw...
So happy that the new forum has chat box, which I was really want the old forum to have one b4. ^^
And it was easier than a lot to add things and stuff at the Replying. :3
Hope this forum will become better and never has anything happen like the old forum ever. :3

Last edited by Kirimy on Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Kirimy
Kirimy
Global Mod

Female Number of posts : 2177

http://kirimymaps.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Twame Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:11 pm

I know what you mean Kirimy, we are still adjusting those small things so you might have some more stuff to get used to. I'm working on revising the rules a little, you can see them when you register but thats about it for now.
Twame
Twame
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Brad Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:25 pm

Update:

Warning System now up and running.
Brad
Brad

Male Number of posts : 372
Registration date : 2008-10-06

http://bsbradsblogging.net84.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Colvonfeg Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:35 pm

Wait-so...
I got demodded? D:
Colvonfeg
Colvonfeg
Graphics Team

Male Number of posts : 778
Registration date : 2008-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Twame Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:36 pm

CalvinNx33 wrote:Wait-so...
I got demodded? D:
Nope, I was waiting till you got active again.

Pm me to be modded 8)
Twame
Twame
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 0soultiger0 Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:34 am

Twame wrote:
CalvinNx33 wrote:Wait-so...
I got demodded? D:
Nope, I was waiting till you got active again.

Pm me to be modded 8)
lol
0soultiger0
0soultiger0

Male Number of posts : 51

Back to top Go down

Post by Colvonfeg Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:25 pm

^Warned for one-word posting and spam.
Colvonfeg
Colvonfeg
Graphics Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukas Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:31 pm

Calvin, you should infiltrate in his comment and edit it, that's what the real mods do :3
Lukas
Lukas

Male Number of posts : 1526

Back to top Go down

Post by Colvonfeg Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:49 pm

I cant edit it e_e

You can now
Colvonfeg
Colvonfeg
Graphics Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lukas Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:58 pm

Wow o-o
That kinda fails.
Lukas
Lukas

Male Number of posts : 1526

Back to top Go down

Post by J3FFpicture Wed Oct 22, 2008 6:09 am

What does it cost to be a good admin

I mean like what you need to do
J3FFpicture
J3FFpicture

Male Number of posts : 916
Registration date : 2008-10-09

https://www.youtube.com/fg254s3dnme

Back to top Go down

Post by Geinkotsu Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:00 am

When is the next banner contest? I'm pretty good at makign banners and making animations. And I'm new here I decided to sighn up on the forum becouse all of your guys/girls's backgrounds/maps have helped me out alot to kick of my animated series. I havnt quite finished the first episode but once i do feel free to dropp by my youtube channel(youtube name is RuekneGirlz) and watch my episodes the name of my series will be Driven to Fight. Comment to your likeing i woudl apreciate it(never had a comment on my youtube vids before) =3
Geinkotsu
Geinkotsu

Female Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Twame Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:44 am

Geinkotsu wrote:When is the next banner contest? I'm pretty good at makign banners and making animations. And I'm new here I decided to sighn up on the forum becouse all of your guys/girls's backgrounds/maps have helped me out alot to kick of my animated series. I havnt quite finished the first episode but once i do feel free to dropp by my youtube channel(youtube name is RuekneGirlz) and watch my episodes the name of my series will be Driven to Fight. Comment to your likeing i woudl apreciate it(never had a comment on my youtube vids before) =3
We just finished a banner contest, so our next one might not be for a month or so, sorry. Good luck with your youtube series tho ^_^
Twame
Twame
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:29 pm

what happened to the old website?

Back to top Go down

Post by Geinkotsu Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:39 pm

awwws I was hoping I would win that contest. I made an awsome banner.
Geinkotsu
Geinkotsu

Female Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2008-10-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down